We encourage you to only take requests you can accommodate to keep cancellations rare and your pet care services booming. However, if you do need to cancel a booking, we offer all the tools you need to make it happen smoothly.
First, contact the dog owner to let them know. Then, cancel the service within your Rover account:
How to Cancel a Service Before It Begins
1. Navigate to your Inbox by selecting the envelope icon.
2. Select the Upcoming Stays tab and then select the request you want to cancel.
3. Once the booking is open, locate the grey box that lists the service details. Select Cancel booking.
4. Select a cancellation reason and include details about why you’re cancelling. This message goes directly to Rover Support and will not go to the dog owner. Select Submit Request.
6. Select Yes, I want to cancel to cancel and refund the dog owner.
Important: A pattern of short-notice cancellations may result in an account review.