Your inbox is separated into categories to help you keep track of your requests. Here we'll go over how to access your inbox and what each category means:
1. Navigate to your Inbox by selecting the envelope icon.
- In your inbox, you'll see pending requests, upcoming stays, past stays, and archived requests.
Pending Requests are requests that haven't been booked yet.
- When an owner sends a request, it will appear here.
- If you're unable to accommodate a booking, we always recommend still replying to the customer, then archiving the request. Replying is important because if you don’t respond to an initial message within 72 hours, your sitter profile may automatically be set to away, meaning you won't be visible in search until you manually update your status. It's also important to archive requests you can't book because when an unbooked request sits in your inbox for 72 hours or longer, that tells us that you’re too busy or unavailable. As a result, you may not appear in a search for those dates.
Upcoming Bookings are requests you have booked that are current or upcoming. Once a booking is listed in this section of your inbox, that means that the pet owner has paid for the request and that you have accepted the request as well.
Past Bookings are past bookings that have already occurred. Note: Once you've already booked a pet owner, you can initiate a new booking with them for their convenience by selecting the Book Again button. You can learn more about how to initiate these bookings here.
Archived requests are requests you received that were never booked or bookings that were cancelled. If you need to unarchive a current or future request, select Unarchive, and the request will move back to the pending requests section of your inbox.
- Open the app.
Tap Inbox in the bottom left corner of the screen.
If you have any pending requests or upcoming stays, they’ll appear here. To view any archived requests or past stays on iPhone, tap the folder icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
On Android, click on the Past or Archived tab:
Here’s how to archive a pending request:
- Open request.
- Tap Details in the upper right corner of the screen.
- On iPhone, tap Archive. On Android, tap the arrow icon.
- Select the reason for archiving the request.
If you need to unarchive a current or future request, here’s how:
- Open request.
Tap Details in the upper right corner of the screen.
On iPhone, tap Unarchive. On Android, tap the arrow icon.