In this article, we'll go over:
Pet owners will select the Contact button on your profile to initiate a booking request with you.
Once the pet owner has contacted you, here's how to book the stay:
1. When a pet owner sends you a request, it'll show in the Pending Requests section of your inbox. Respond as quickly as you can, requests that are responded to quickly are more likely to book.
2. After selecting the pending request you’d like to book, review the details of the booking in the grey box to make sure the request is a good fit for you.
You can see more details about the pet by clicking on the pet's profile.
3. Before booking, make sure to have a Meet & Greet, this is a great opportunity to get to know the pet owner and pet. To learn more about how to schedule a Meet & Greet check out this article.
4. When you and your pet owner are ready to book, either one of you can select Accept.
5. After the Accept button has been selected, the other party has 72 hours to accept the request. After 72 hours, the request expires. It’s easy to renew the request though, check out this article to learn how.
a) Once a request is booked, it automatically moves to the Upcoming Stays section of your inbox.
b) If you don’t book the request, it’s important to archive it. Until you archive the request, you may not show in search for dates that you have a pending request. You can learn more about archiving requests here.
Once you’re in contact with a pet owner, typically after they’ve contacted you, you can continue messaging with them in the Rover app. Here’s how:
Tap Inbox at the bottom of your screen.
Tap Pending for unbooked stays or walks.
Or Upcoming for booked stays that are upcoming or in progress.
- Tap the mailbox icon at the top left of your screen to see your Past stays or Archived requests (iOS only, for Android you'll be able to see all requests in the inbox section of the menu).
- Tap the conversation you’d like to continue. You can write a message and attach photos or videos, then tap send.
So a pet owner wants to book with you again, that’s great! You can make their next stay even better than the last by creating a new booking for them:
- Navigate to your Inbox by selecting the conversation icon.
2. Select the View past customers link.
3. Locate the pet owner you’d like to book with. Pro-tip: you can use the search box to filter your bookings by the owner's or pet's name. Select Book A New Stay.`
4. Enter the service dates, select the type of service, write your pet owner a message, and then select Send to send the booking request to your pet owner.
6. Select Accept to request payment from your pet owner and finalize the booking.
Tap Rebook at the bottom of the screen.
Locate the pet owner you’d like to book with and the service you’d like to book, and tap Rebook.
- Enter the service dates, select the type of service, write your pet owner a message, and then select Send Request to send the booking request to your pet owner.
- Locate and select your new request under the Pending Requests tab. There you can adjust the service dates, pets, and price before booking if needed (see this article for more details).
- Select Accept to request payment from your pet owner and finalize the booking.