You have the option to leave detailed feedback after each booking through a structured form. This feedback will help other sitters better understand the needs and behaviours of a pet, and it can help determine whether they’re a good fit before accepting a request.
- Once a booking ends, you’ll receive an email from Rover prompting you to leave feedback. You’ll also be notified when a pet owner leaves a review for you.
- Both you and the pet owner can only leave feedback for each other 21 days after a booking, or 7 days for a recurring service. Neither of you will be able to see the others’ feedback until the window has closed, or you’ve both submitted your feedback.
- Eventually, public feedback will be visible on the pet's profile. You, your pet owner, and any other sitters your pet owner contacts to request care will be able to see this once it eventually rolls out.
How to leave feedback
- Open the booking from the Past Stays section of your inbox.
Note: If you're leaving feedback for a recurring service, visit the Upcoming Stays section.
- Select Leave feedback.
- Fill out feedback forms for the pet and/or the pet owner, then select Save and Continue.
- Depending on your responses, you might see an option to fill out additional feedback for Rover.
Where can I see this feedback?
Currently, we’re just gathering feedback about sitters’ experiences, so pet owner and sitters can’t view this feedback yet. Eventually, public feedback will eventually be visible on the pet's profile. You, your pet owner, and any other sitters your pet owner contacts to request care will be able to see this once it eventually rolls out.
Your feedback will help your fellow sitters get some first-hand insight into these pets and pet owners (and whether they might be a good match) before accepting a request.
Can I edit the feedback I left for my pet owner and/or pet?
We can assist with editing your feedback up to 21 days after the booking ends (or 7 days for recurring services), or up until your pet owner leaves a review for you–whichever comes first. If we don’t receive your updated feedback within this period, we can’t complete the update. To contact Rover Support, sign in and send us a message from the Rover Help Center.
Note: As part of this new feedback structure, some sections are labelled “Private Feedback.” Your responses in those sections won’t be visible to the pet owner.
Keep in mind, this feature isn’t intended to replace the Report function. If you would like Rover to act on your behalf, always use the Report tool. In the unlikely case you experience a safety issue, report it to Rover immediately.